A friend of mine posted this on my facebook, when I uploaded a picture of one of my dear pocket watches, and so far I Love It!
I’m a lover of the fantastical world of the Victorian ladies and gentlemen. I grew up on the Shelley’s, Bronte, Austin and Blake, and as time went on I became slightly obsessed with Jack the Ripper. Old London plays a huge role in my life, and that’s what makes me stand out from my international friends. I’m fond of tea [not PG Tips, proper herbal and imported herbal teas], I love British fashion, music and the guys. We have a certain reluctance in letting go of things past, as these things are what makes us Brits who we are.
If I could meet any Victorian… I would flash my pocket watch and my bare ankle under a pair of nice men’s trousers.
Sorry I’m going on… Besides tattoos, classic books and bags, I love me a new pocket watch!
I love this poem: =]
The Little Black Boy by William Blake
- My mother bore me in the southern wild,
- And I am black, but O, my soul is white!
- White as an angel is the English child,
- But I am black, as if bereaved of light.
- My mother taught me underneath a tree,
- And, sitting down before the heat of day,
- She took me on her lap and kissèd me,
- And, pointing to the East, began to say:
- ‘Look at the rising sun: there God does live,
- And gives His light, and gives His heat away,
- And flowers and trees and beasts and men receive
- Comfort in morning, joy in the noonday.
- ‘And we are put on earth a little space,
- That we may learn to bear the beams of love;
- And these black bodies and this sunburnt face
- Are but a cloud, and like a shady grove.
- ‘For when our souls have learn’d the heat to bear,
- The cloud will vanish, we shall hear His voice,
- Saying, “Come out from the grove, my love and care,
- And round my golden tent like lambs rejoice.”‘
- Thus did my mother say, and kissèd me,
- And thus I say to little English boy.
- When I from black and he from white cloud free,
- And round the tent of God like lambs we joy,
- I’ll shade him from the heat till he can bear
- To lean in joy upon our Father’s knee;
- And then I’ll stand and stroke his silver hair,
- And be like him, and he will then love me.
More galore… I think Iim officially a collector now! I have about 3 more pairs in my Amazon basket and 2 pairs in my Dr Martens basket! Anyhoo, thought I’d share my crappy photos of the ones I have now, an their boxes. The old ones I have will be given to my little sister or brother if they want them, otherwise they’ll be collectors items.
Firstly, I’m a mini activist. I won’t eat meat, I donate to PETA and I’m slowly turning vegan, but… and it’s a BIG but… I can’t live without my Dr Marten boots… It’s the only leather items I’ll ever own! Besides that ghastly fur coat my aunt is saving for a proper burial (the coat, not herself). I’ll be doing a few more photos by the middle of next week or so, of new OOTD’s I’ve compiled. They’ll appear here at some point, but they’ll be on Lookbook and Chictopia first =]
I am channelling a new sense of freedom with my newest style crush, which actually formed from the mind spring of vintage meets 80s retro glam with a Victorian Mod sex appeal. Basically vintage styled dresses, faux leather jackets, fairy white waistcoats etc teamed up with bad-ass DMs. If anyone is interested in buying a few non worn DMs let me know! There are only three that a friend of mine is selling, and I’ll do a post by tomorrow =]
For now, check this picture, it’s so me! (well it’s not me but you get my drift)
My Latest babies:
-Forgive me Gods, fore I know what I do is wrong… x
Such a sad day (and a lazy one at that), because my favourite vintage gladiator sandals are no more. The zip fell of the right foot and I’m too lazy and sad to ask my buddy to fix it for me. They were bought only a year ago in Nottingham, from the vintage apparel and home-ware boutique Kitsch. If and when I go up again next, I’ll try and arrange to get some pictures of the store for you folks! You must go!!
I bought them for only £25, 1 of three colours. I saw these in the shop window and walked right past, as I was on the hunt for my next pair of aviator sunglasses (another of my collective galore’s). I went back to the hotel after lots of browsing and shopping only to think of them, and that night I even dreamt of them. For me, as a pagan I take dreams very seriously, so if I dream about a material item, I know I must have it. Weirdly I got up first thing, got showered and headed out for the town centre. I bought the shoes and went back to the hotel with a great big smile on my face. I had other clothes and shoes ready for a crazy night out on the town, but nothing seemed the fit my chosen outfit except the sandals which I didn’t want to use for night’s out. They fit my outfit and made me look fabulous!
From that night forward, I’ve been wearing them for anything. Resturant’s, cinema, girly days, shopping or getting my eyebrows threaded. You name it, I wore them and they made my clothes look amazing! Now… they are gone… I am sad (and laughing at myself for being so bloody over the top with this post). They were my favourite gladiator sandals, but I must move on. [Nottingham from Saturday I hope so maybe I can buy another pair if they have any more].
all from Peacocks, a store no one seems to shop in! I’m setting a new trend, plus you can get exclusive designs by Pearl Lowe.
Check out these images… Let’s just say I’ll be having a couple soon =] – I’ll detail them when they come.